Georgia Attorneys For Victims Of Fires And Explosions
Fires and explosions are often devastating, life-altering events that leave individuals and whole families with extremely serious injuries and massive property damage. If the fire or explosion you endured was preventable, you may be entitled to significant financial compensation for your injuries and damaged property.
At Protentis Law LLC, our personal injury and property damage attorneys are here to help. We have a long record of success in fire and explosion cases. Our team conducts thorough investigations. We work closely with knowledgeable and experienced professionals like origin and cause experts, engineers, and fire departments to fully understand what happened. We use that information to help our clients get the full financial compensation they need to move forward.
How Fires And Explosions Can Happen
There are many potential causes of fires and explosions in homes, apartments, office buildings and other structures. Our team has the knowledge and experience to investigate fires and explosions resulting from:
- Electrical defects: Property owners overloading their electrical circuits, using old, unreliable wiring systems, and not updating unit appliances when they begin to malfunction.
- Improper or negligent use of appliances: Neighbors forgetting to turn off their gas stove, smoking inside the unit, or letting a space heater run unsupervised.
- Improper installation of electrical wiring or appliances: A contractor or utility company makes a mistake when installing appliances or wiring, resulting in hazards for those who live and work in the building.
- Improper storage of explosive or flammable materials: Property owners or neighbors leaving propane tanks and gasoline cans indoors.
- Failure to comply with building codes: Property owners failing to inspect or repair their fire suppression systems, failing to install an adequate number of working smoke detectors, and leaking natural gas lines.
- Product defects: Manufacturing defects in household appliances like dryers, refrigerators, electronics and other products can cause fires.
These injuries can lead to catastrophic burns, blast injuries, and significant property damage. Fires and explosions can also cause internal injuries from smoke inhalation and toxic exposure.
If the harm was preventable, our personal injury lawyers will do everything we can to help you get the financial compensation you need now and in the future.
Why You Need Compensation For Your Fire Or Explosion Injury
In many cases, the recovery process from a burn or explosion-related injury can be extensive. That is in addition to any property damage costs that may have resulted from the fire. Depending on the circumstances, your injury may be so severe that it leaves you unable to work. You may also need extensive medical treatment, such as surgery, physical therapy, oxygen therapy, pain medications and more. These treatments require a lot of time and money to complete, and affording them without a steady monthly income can be difficult.
We can help make sure you get the compensation you need to afford your medical recovery and move forward in life. We can also handle your property damage claim. Let us handle the legal and insurance matters while you focus on healing.
Contact Protentis Law For A Free Consultation
Fires and explosions can be devastating for victims and their families. Our lawyers can answer your questions and represent you through the entire process. We have a long record of success, and we know how to get results for our clients.