Experienced Lawyers For Georgia Car Crash Victims
Car wrecks are part of everyday life. At a minimum, they cause inconvenience. In many cases, they cause serious injuries, property damage and massive financial problems.
At Protentis Law, our car accident lawyers have a long record of success. We help injury victims get the full financial compensation they need and deserve, and we are here to help you, too. Let us handle the legal and insurance matters while you focus on healing.
Steps To Take In The Aftermath Of A Crash
Ensure you do the following:
- Address any injuries: If you or someone else needs medical attention, call 911 immediately. If possible, check on the other drivers in the accident. The top priority is to get medical treatment for yourself or other injured parties.
- Call the police: Contacting the police is also important. The police can investigate the accident scene, interview witnesses and create an accident report that can be used in your personal injury claim.
- Exchange insurance information: If you can, ask the other drivers at the accident scene for their insurance information. You may need to file a claim with their insurer if you got hurt. If they don’t have insurance, you may have to seek damages through your own insurer if your policy includes uninsured motorist coverage.
- Call your insurer: Call your insurer as soon as possible after a crash. You have a better chance at making a strong personal injury claim if you can recall the events. The longer you wait, the harder it can be to remember everything. IMPORTANT: Tell the insurance adjuster the basic facts; do not downplay your injury or exaggerate it. If you have questions about these matters, we encourage you to contact us as soon as possible.
- Collect additional evidence: While police can obtain witness statements, you can take photos of the crash scene to provide additional evidence in your claim to the insurance company and compile evidence with your attorney.
- Get a medical evaluation: Even if you seem to feel okay immediately after an accident, it’s important to get checked out by a medical professional. In many cases, internal injuries are masked by the adrenaline that courses through your body after a car crash.
- Contact Protentis Law: Our attorneys can answer your questions and help you get the financial compensation you need and deserve. We can work to maximize the amount of compensation you receive for medical expenses, lost income, property damage and other costs resulting from the crash.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation
A severe car crash injury can leave you in medical debt and unable to work. Don’t accept a lowball settlement offer from the insurance company. Protentis Law LLC has won our clients tens of millions of dollars. We are here to help you, too.